The Jackson School Office of Career Development works to bridge the gap between the classroom and the workplace by showcasing career and professional development opportunities, providing training and information, and highlighting career paths with different employers. Our primary goal is to help our students and alumni pursue rich and fulfilling careers in a wide variety of international arenas.
Announcements for Students
- Scholarship Fridays: Fridays at 1:30pm during winter quarter you have the opportunity to learn more about scholarships! This quarter learn about Getting Started with scholarships, the Mary Gates Endowment for Students and the Gilman Scholarship. See the full calendar for dates and locations!
- When: Fridays | 1:30pm
- Where: MGH 171
- Internship Scholarship applications open on February 19 and close on March 29.
Announcements for Employers
The UW Career & Internship Center is offering one employer free webinar each month from February to May:
- How to Start an Internship Program– Wed, March 6 2019, 10:00-11:00 PST, register here
Interested in starting an internship program but a little unsure about what all is involved? Thoughtful planning will help you create internships that are truly a win-win. In this webinar, we’ll explore internship basics, identify key elements of a successful internship program, and discuss the nuts and bolts of intern hiring.
- How to Be an Awesome Intern Manager – Wed, April 24 2019, 10:00-11:00 PST, register here
Employers who are thoughtful when designing internship programs and intentional in implementing them reap benefits in terms of intern engagement, productivity, and loyalty. Join us to learn about key elements of a high impact internship, reasons why each is important, and tangible ideas for building each into your internship program. The session will feature interns and managers sharing tips on how to create internships that make students feel valued, motivated, and committed to the organization.
- Recruiting 101 – Building Your Brand to Attract Top UW Talent – Wed, May 1 2019, 10:00-11:00 PST, register here
Not quite sure how to navigate a college campus the size of UW? Wondering how to get started? Join us for a webinar as campus insiders share insights, strategies, and best practices to attract top UW talent! Topics include: Career contacts at UW, recruiting timelines, building your brand, engagement opportunities and events.
The Office of Career Development is ready to help you make the most of your time as a student at the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies.
It’s never too early (or too late) to start thinking about how you can prepare for that first internship or phone interview – we encourage everyone to make use of our resources whenever they feel they’re ready for some extra support.
- The Jackson School Office of Career Development shares information with the Jackson School community for career-and internationally-related opportunities and programs.
- Posting an opportunity or link does not imply an endorsement or recommendation of a particular program, opportunity, project, or event.
- All specific questions regarding listings should be directed to the contact person identified on that entry.