West Coast Model EU
2020 West Coast Model EU
March 6-7, 2020
University of Washington
The Model European Union is an annual simulation of a European Council Summit, bringing together undergraduate students from across the United States. Students, in teams of two, play the roles of representatives of European Union Member State delegations, and also the European Commission. Participants negotiate two issues of concern for the country holding the Presidency, Croatia (holding the presidency from January-June). The 2020 Model European Union will take place at the University of Washington on March 6-7, 2020.
Topics for the 2020 competition:
- Heads of Government: Major Climate Change Goals:
- Consider EIB Purge of Fossil Fuel Projects
- Support Lagging EU Members towards Compliance with Paris Agreement Goals
- Labor/Commerce Ministers:
- Update 2016-2019 Strategic Engagement for Gender Equality
- Consider Job Training and Cultural Integration Programs
For a detailed description of these topics, please view the Communication of the Presidency below.
Winners and Honorable Mentions
This event is supported by: The Erasmus+ funded Jean Monnet Center of Excellence at UW, the Foster School of Business’ Global Business Center, the Jackson School of International Studies, the Center for West European Studies, the Ellison Center for Russian, East European and Central Asian Studies, and attending universities.