Study Abroad in Europe
Come explore an ever-changing Europe with over 100 study abroad options in many European countries.
Many study abroad programs are in English and they come in several different types, including:
- “Exchanges” (where UW students do regular coursework at a partner university)
- “Programs” (where course are lead by UW faculty, such as the Germanics Department’s Spring in Vienna program)
- “Exploration seminars” (short-term study abroad programs [3-4 weeks] led by UW faculty)
Select Study Abroad Experiences
- The University of Washington Rome Center. Study in ITALY at UW’s Rome campus! Learn more here.
- The University of Washington Leon Center. Study in SPAIN at UW’s Leon campus! Learn more here.
- UW Germanics Department’s Spring in Vienna. Study in AUSTRIA! Open to all UW students, it provides German language instruction and an introduction to Austrian culture. Learn more here.
- UW Hellenic Studies Program’s Summer in Athens and Nafplion. Study in GREECE! Hosted by Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies and the American College of Greece. Learn more here.
- UW Foster School Undergraduate Exchange with the Paris School of Business (Exchange). Study in FRANCE! Learn more here.
- Danish study abroad in Copenhagen, Aarhus and elsewhere. Study in DENMARK! Learn more here.
- And many many more options!
There are many different opportunities that may help fund your studies. Follow the links below to research your options:
- The UW Study Abroad’s scholarships page.
- Find information about established international programs like Fulbright and DAAD on the Center for West European Studies resource page.
- Denmark-curious? Scan|Design offers fellowships and funding for students (BA, MA, and PhD) interested in studying Danish-American relations in Denmark for a summer, a quarter, or an academic year. For more information, click here.
- Scandinavian-curious? The American-Scandinavian Foundation also offers funding opportunities.
Contact UW Study Abroad to find out more!