Apply for SAC Funding
Application Opens: November 1, 2023
Application Deadline: February 15, 2024
NOTE: Do NOT use this application for FLAS fellowships. Learn more about FLAS here.
The South Asia Center uses a single application to select recipients for three fellowship and scholarship opportunities. By submitting this application, you will be considered for up to all three of the opportunities listed below, depending on your eligibility. Applicants should familiarize themselves with the eligibility requirements of each fellowship or scholarship.
- Frank F. Conlon Fellowship in South Asian Studies
- Indian American Community Services Scholarship for the Study of South Asia
- S. Rao and Usha Varanasi Endowed Scholarship for Studies of India
Applicants to the M.A. Program in South Asia Studies, as well as applicants to FLAS Fellowships from the South Asia Center, are automatically considered for these funding opportunities, and should not enter an application here.
Who should use this application?
- Current or prospective UW students who meet the eligibility requirements of at least one of the opportunities listed above
Who should not use this application?
- Applicants to the M.A. Program in South Asia Studies
- Applicants to South Asia Center FLAS Fellowships
- A written proposal of approximately two single-spaced pages (1000 words) detailing your academic plan and how the fellowship/scholarship fits in with your education and/or career plans
Official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Financial need
Two letters of recommendation
To apply, click the link below and select South Asia Center Funding Application.