The Summer 2021 Nepali Language Program was one of the largest global gatherings for Nepali language training … ever.
This two-week online intensive language training program featured 41 students across 2 language learning levels:
- 24 beginners
- 17 advanced beginners / low intermediate
Participants hailed from 7 countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- college students
- heritage learners
- nonprofit professionals
The Nepali program featured conversation practice, grammar lessons, written assignments, and online games. Many participants continued to meet up after the two-week course for casual conversation practice and networking.
- “I now feel more confident in resuming language study on my own and knowing where to find resources to fall back on if I get stuck.”
- The instructors “helped me in overcoming my anxiety in speaking Nepali in front of others”
- “My Nepali pronunciation has greatly improved…and I am more confident expressing myself in everyday conversations!”
- “I really loved the diversity of the crowd participating.”
- “I really enjoyed the other students, who were from all over and were taking the course for such a cool variety of reasons.”
- “There is a great value in learning a language that is so different from your own, because it forces you to think in a different way and to see things from a different perspective.”
See you next summer!
Read about the Summer 2020 program: Inaugural Intensive Nepali Language Workshop Draws Students from across the US
Learn more about South Asian languages at UW.
Support South Asian language training! Donate to the South Asia Center.