Three reasons to study South Asia at UW:
- First, the excellence and breadth of our faculty and the interdisciplinarity of our program. In addition to graduate courses and intensive language training (Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Persian) the South Asia Center hosts seminars, conferences, and cultural events throughout the year to promote interdisciplinary discussion and debate amongst faculty and students.
- Second, our commitment to building a sense of community and purpose among faculty, staff and students. Both inside and outside of the classroom, we strive to foster a sense of collegiality, friendliness, and shared purpose at UW.
- Finally, the vitality of Seattle and the greater Pacific Northwest. The city and its surroundings offer an enormous wealth of cultural activities and opportunities to engage with NGOs; a large, diverse, and active South Asian community; and one of America’s fastest growing metropolitan economies.
- Start your application here. (go to “Begin Online Application to the Graduate School”)
- You can find details about:
- The South Asia Center and the program: https://jsis.washington.edu/southasia/
- Applying to the Jackson School: https://jsis.washington.edu/programs/graduate/mais/ma-apply/
- General information on applying to the University of Washington for graduate study: http://grad.uw.edu/admissions/apply-now/ (go to “Begin Online Application to the Graduate School”)
- Sources of funding for graduate study: https://jsis.washington.edu/southasia/students/funding/
For more information, contact South Asia Center Managing Director Keith Snodgrass at email@example.com.
Our application deadline is January 11, 2017.