- Companies all over the world are profiting from the use of trafficked labor in the goods and services they provide to the consumer market.
- Through an investigation of labor trafficking in Washington State businesses, our Task Force aims to provide policy suggestions that would monitor companies as well as spread public awareness and consumer consciousness of the issue.
- Develop an anti-labor trafficking code of conduct for Washington State companies.
- Create a penalty and rewards system.
- Extend state-wide hotline for victims of trafficking and trafficking whistleblowers.
- Create a collaborative advisory board to evaluate and enforce fair labor practices.
- Mandate education on labor trafficking in the Washington State high school curriculum.