Teaching Opportunity for Graduate Students – Work with Visiting Danish Students
Experience America is looking to hire graduate students from the Jackson School who might be interested in short-term teaching assistant opportunities with visiting international student groups being hosted by our company. Classes are led by experienced instructors with the teaching assistants providing in-class support. We are currently looking for graduate assistant who can help us with a group of Danish gymnasium students coming to Seattle between September 30 and October 25 to study US business, culture and society.
Teaching assistant responsibilities include:
- Assist instructors with classroom logistics, including taking attendance, basic audio-visual setup, handing out class materials, and quiz grading.
- Help student teams working on group projects and activities focusing on topics related to business and marketing.
- Take and post daily course notes to course share drive
- Answer student questions about Seattle and University of Washington
- Liaise with Experience America staff to pass along any students concerns or questions related to their stay and program
- In some cases, help escort student groups on field trips in the Seattle area.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Experience with Google Suite
Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Ability to work with students from different cultural backgrounds
Strong communicator, both in writing and in person
Previous experience working in classrooms or related teaching experience
Previous coursework related to program themes (e.g. international trade, economic integration, US history and politics, civil rights movement, immigration, and US foreign policy).
Previous experience working with international visitors
The standard hourly pay rate is $30 per hour for in-class work. This is a great opportunity for graduate students looking for supplemental income or teaching-related experience. The dates for our program are September 30 – October 25 with class normally meeting from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM most days Monday-Friday. Individual TA schedules are tailored around graduate students calendars so that it is possible to reconcile them with the student’s ongoing teaching or other responsibilities.