Come for one session, two sessions, or stay for them all.
Coffee and a light breakfast are included.
Space is limited, register now!
Please join us on Friday, April 21st from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM in Gates Hall room 138, for a discussion on the economic and political impacts of international trade agreements. This is the second event in the Global Business, Policy and Law Speaker Series.
Session 1: Economics | 9:00am – 10:00am
This session will focus on empirical data, including historical data, of the economic impacts of international trade agreements.
- Professor Jeffrey Begun, The Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies at UW
- Professor Debra Glassman, The Foster School of Business at UW
Session 2: Comparative Political Perspectives | 10:00am – 11:20am
This session will focus on the politics of negotiating, agreeing on, and implementing international trade agreements. It will be comparative, considering US, European, and Asian perspectives.
- Attorney Ben Kostrzewa, McDermott Will & Emory
- Professor Kurt Hübner, Jean Monnet Chair for European Integration and Global Political Economy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Attorney Max Yoshimura, Washington International Law Group
Session 3: Contents of Major Trade Agreements | 11:20am – 12:00pm
- Attorney Greg Kanargelidis, Partner, International Trade Group at Blakes
To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: (206) 543-6450/V, (206) 543-6452/TTY, (206) 685-7264 (FAX), or email@example.com.