In the Media
Our faculty, staff and students engage with the world outside of academia. Here are some selected links:
- Read Ellison Center Assistant Professor Katy Pearce’s article in the Washington Post about kompromat in the Trump era.
- Jackson School Prof. Scott Montgomery is quoted in an article by UW Today about this year’s Paris climate agreement as ‘bold’ and ‘encouraging.’
- Listen to NPR’s interview with Ellison Center Professor Katy Pearce on the global digital divide, and its implications. Congratulations, Dr. Pearce!
- Our own Professor Radnitz was quoted in the article Central Asia and the Succession Question in the Diplomat:
- Katy Pearce, Assistant Professor with the UW Communications Department and REECAS Affiliate professor was quoted in “Facebook Lite offers similar mobile experience, but at lower cost (+video)“
- REECAS Director Scott Radnitz of the University of Washington was recently quoted by the Agence France-Presse (AFP) in “Uzbek Strongman Karimov Still Calls the Tune.”
- Guntis Šmidchens, Head of Baltic Studies at the University of Washington, was quoted in theWall Street Journal article “On NYC Stages, a Bounty of Latvian Performers.”
- Professor Devin Naar was featured in Tablet Magazine: Seattle’s Sephardi Jews Brought Us Starbucks: Now They’re Trying To Bring Back Ladino. Full text of the Tablet Magazine article is available here.
- Scott Radnitz on US Withdrawal from Central Asia: Memories of Manas: What Central Asia Taught America about Geopolitics
- Scott Radnitz Mention in Inside Higher Ed: Endangered Species
- Scott Radnitz Featured in Seattle Times Editorial on Ukraine Election – All eyes on May 25 presidential election in Ukraine
- Glennys Young on Russian Containment (op ed): Cold War containment is the wrong way to deal with Russia
- Scott Radnitz on preventing the Ukraine crisis from escalating: How to prevent the crisis in Ukraine from escalating
- Scott Radnitz on why the Ukraine is ‘Unique’ among Post-Soviet satellite states: Why Ukraine Is ‘Unique’ Among Post-Soviet Countries
- Scott Radnitz in Politico: Russia and its influence on the presidential election
- Dan Chirot in Eurasia Review: US Voting Results Show Serious Split In American Society – Analysis
- Professors David Bachman, Reşat Kasaba, Kathie Friedman, Scott Radnitz and Sabine Lang give their respective expert insights in light of the new geopolitical reality following the election of Donald Trump in “Trump and foreign policy: UW Jackson School faculty speak out”.
- Isaac Alhadeff Professor in Sephardic Studies Devin Naar was recently the guest on the New Books Network: Jewish Studies podcast, speaking about his latest book Jewish Salonica: Between the Ottoman Empire and Modern Greece (Stanford University Press, 2016).