Scholarships and Funding
The Jackson School offers a number of opportunities for students wishing to fund their education. These opportunities are available in the form of fellowships and scholarships.
FLAS Fellowships support undergraduate, graduate and professional students in acquiring modern foreign languages and area or international studies competencies. Students from all departments and professional schools are encouraged to apply. FLAS Fellowships are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Contingent on funding from the U.S. Department of Education, the East Asia Center annually offers Academic Year and Summer FLAS Fellowships. See linked page for info on possibilities of other languages during summer study.
FLAS Fellows receive:
- Academic Year Graduate: $18,000 tuition, $15,000 living stipend
- Academic Year Undergraduate: $10,000 tuition,$5,000 living stipend
- Summer Graduate/Undergraduate: $5,000 tuition,$2500 living stipend
The FLAS application for the 2017-18 school year will open in mid-October 2016.
For more information, click here.
Program Fellowships and Scholarships
Below are a selection of scholarships and fellowships available from the Korea, Japan, and China Programs (click the program title for more information):
Korea Studies Program
- Sochon Foundation Endowed Scholarship in Korea Studies
- University of Washington Korea Studies Graduate Fellowship
Japan Studies Program
- Ayako Betty Murakami Scholarship for Japan Studies
- Kasai Buerge Scholarship in Japan Studies
- Kristen Kawakami Dean Fellowship in Japan Studies
China Studies Program
The China Studies program offers several fellowship opportunities. All fellowships are by faculty nomination and applications from individual students are not considered