The Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program
The Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program is a scholarship opportunity for undergraduate students at the University of Washington (UW) to spend two semesters at the University of British Columbia (UBC) or the University of Victoria (UVic), and for students from UBC and UVic to spend three quarters at the UW.
Students participate in a direct academic exchange, which allows them freedom to customize their course of study and to pay their home tuition rates. This program is open to undergraduates from all fields of study.
- Must be full-time undergraduate students in good standing at the UW, UBC, or UVic (including satellite campuses).
- U.S. or Canadian citizenship, or permanent residency.
- Students must have started and completed their high school education in the state of Washington (if applying from UW) or the province of British Columbia (if applying from UBC or UVic).
- English language fluency.
- Meet exchange requirements for their host school.
Amount and terms of award
- $10,000 (U.S.) per academic year for UW recipients, disbursed each semester
- $12,000 (U.S.) per academic year for UBC recipients, disbursed quarterly
How to apply
Students will apply for a direct academic exchange through the study abroad office at their home institution. Eligible students are automatically considered for the scholarship. Successful applicants must also complete a simple partner application to their desired host school. Students should indicate in their exchange application why they are interested in the Corbett program.
UW students to UBC apply here
UW students to UVic apply here
The application cycle for 2020-2021 will open in fall 2019.