The Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program
The Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program is a scholarship opportunity for undergraduate students at the University of Washington (UW) to spend two semesters at the University of British Columbia (UBC) or the University of Victoria (UVic), and for students from UBC and UVic to spend three quarters at the UW.
Students participate in a direct academic exchange, which allows them freedom to customize their course of study and to pay their home tuition rates. This program is open to students from all fields of study.
- Must be full-time undergraduate students in good standing at the UW, UBC, or UVic (including satellite campuses).
- U.S. or Canadian citizenship, or permanent residency.
- English language fluency.
- Meet exchange requirements for their host school.
Amount and terms of award
- $5,000 (U.S.) per semester, $10,000 per academic year for UW recipients, disbursed each semester
- $4,000 (U.S.) per quarter, $12,000 per academic year for UBC recipients, disbursed quarterly
How to apply
UW students: In order to be considered, students must complete the award application below. Upon selection, students will apply for a direct academic exchange through the study abroad office. Successful applicants must also complete a simple partner application to their desired host school.
UBC and UVic students: Students must complete the award application below. They must follow other exchange application directions indicated by their home institution.
Apply for the Corbett Exchange Program
Applications for 2024-25 will open in September 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions