Cyber Security and ROK-Japan-U.S. Relations
Major Army Officer in the Republic of Korea
Korean, Chinese, Computer Programming, Statistical Analysis
Donghui Park’s primary research interests are focused on cybersecurity, cyber warfare, and cyber sovereignty. He is also an active duty army officer of the Republic of Korea. After graduating from the Korean Military Academy with a BA in Military History in 2005, Donghui was assigned to a post in the demilitarized zone for three years. After receiving a Master’s degree in History from Yonsei University at Seoul in 2010, he taught cadets in the Department of Military History as a military professor at the Korea Army Academy for four years.
- Park, Donghui, “Understanding Issues and Challenges in Cyber Warfare,” Haklim of Yonsei Historical Association 38 (2016).
- Donghui Park. “Cybersecurity Spotlight: South Korea,” at Cybersecurity Initiatives, International Policy Institute (Jan. 12, 2016).
- Donghui Park. “North Korea Cyber Attacks: A New Asymmetrical Military Strategy,” at Cybersecurity Initiatives, International Policy Institute (Jun. 28, 2016).
- Park, Donghui, “A Study on the Decision-making Process of Crossing the 38th Parallel and the Military Operations above the 38th Parallel during the Korean War,” Research Review of Korea Army Academy at Yeongcheon 74 (2012).
- Park, Donghui, Chŏnjaeng yŏngung dŭl ŏi ment’o, ch’ŏnjae chŏllyakka Masyŏl, Planet Media, 2011. (Original Title-Jeffers, H. Paul and Axelrod, Alan, Marshall: Lessons in Leadership, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.)
- Park, Donghui, “The Changing Image of Douglas MacArthur in Popular Discourse: The Analysis of Major Newspapers, 1903∼1949,” History & the World 39: 263-293 (2011).
- Park, Donghui, “A study on the Importance of Logistics in the Civil War and World War Ⅰ of America,” Research Review of Korea Army Academy at Yeongcheon 72 (2011).
- Donghui Park. “A Study on the development of ‘Yeongcheon’ as the City of Loyalty to Fatherland and Peace: Focusing on KAAY,”CSD Research Institute in KAAY, Research Paper No. 10-14, 2010.
- Donghui Park. “The Study on Programs for Achieving KAAY’s Military Social Responsibility,”CSD Research Institute in KAAY, Research Paper No. 11-01, 2011.
- Donghui Park. “Research on Additional Point System in Cadet Selection,”CSD Research Institute in KAAY, Research Paper No. 11-10, 2011.
Grants & Fellowships
- International Policy Institute Cybersecurity Policy Fellow, University of Washington, 2015-2017.