Guidelines for Panelists and Chairs
REECAS NW Conference panels are typically one hour and forty five minutes in length, consisting of:
- Chair, allotted a total of five minutes for panel and presenter introductions
- Presentations by three or four panelists, depending on the panel
- Chair and/or discussant, allotted maximum 15 minutes for comments/questions
- Questions and group discussion of 20-30 minutes
As a general rule:
- Applicants’ paper proposals should be limited to 300 words and be submitted through the online Proposal Submission Form.
- In the interest of efficiency, the Chair and Discussant roles are usually combined at the REECAS Northwest conference. Panel Chairs are requested to please read their panel’s papers ahead of time and be prepared to comment on them and/or lead the Q and A period of their conference session.
- Panel Chairs should contact panelists in the days before the conference to coordinate.
- Upon receiving uploading instructions, panelists should upload their papers before the specified deadline in order to allow for time for panel chairs to read them.
- Chairs are urged to announce their plans to keep time at the outset of the panel in order to not discriminate between panelists and to ensure time for the question and answer period.
- Chairs should not allow any questions until after all presentations and the Chair’s responses are complete.
Technology Available by Room:
- Information to follow.