Ethnic policy in China/ Sino-Turkish Relations
Chinese, Turkish, Mixed-Methods
Lina Wang is interested in ethnic policy and Sino-Turkish relations. She received her Bachelor’s in English and International Studies from the “Cradle of China’s diplomats”, China Foreign Affairs University and Master’s in European Studies from University of Macau. Prior to joining the Jackson School, she had learned Turkish language at Istanbul University Language Center for two years. This immersion period in Turkey also inspired her interest in Uyghur diaspora in Turkey and long-distance nationalism. Her research is based in the Peace, Violence, and Security (PVS), with a secondary focus on States, Markets and Societies (SMS).
- Wang, Lina. “Will Turkey Join the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Instead of the EU?” The Diplomat, Nov. 24, 2016.
- Wang, Lina. “The Strategy of War: Case Study of Hannibal Barca” in Journal of University of Macau Postgraduate Associate, 2014. NO.2. Issue 6. pp 54-56.
- Wang, Lina. “Common people and Simple Life in Wordsworth’s Poems” in Journal of University of Macau Postgraduate Associate, 2012. NO.2. pp 17-22.
- Wang, Lina. “Chinese Ancient Poems: the Beauty of Imagination” in Journal of University of Macau Postgraduate Associate, 2012. NO.1. Issue 3. pp 44-46.
Grants & Fellowships
- Chinese Government Scholarship, Chinese Government, 2016 – 2019.
- Richard B. Wesley Endowed Ph.D. Fellowship,Jackson School, University of Washington, 2015-2016.
- Stanley D Golub Ph.D. Stipend, Jackson School, University of Washington, 2015-2016.
- The Graduate School’s Fund for Excellence and Innovation (GSFEI) Travel Awards, University of Washington, 2015-2016.
- Turkiye Scholarships for International Students, Turkish Government, 2013-2015.
- IEEM Scholarship, Institute of European Studies of Macau 2011-2013