Dive deep into the study of South Asia and its place in the world starting in fall 2016!
Here are three reasons to get a master’s degree in South Asia at the Jackson School:
- Our faculty are world-class leaders in their fields: Choose from over 35 core faculty and over 20 affiliate faculty from around the globe who are leading innovative research, projects and courses on South Asia.
- You can take classes in different UW departments to meet your own academic interests: Whether intensive language training — Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Sanskrit or Persian — or studying history, global health, political science, environment or religions and more, you can access knowledge and insights that help build your career.
- Engage in cutting-edge activities in the fastest growing city in the U.S.: We are committed to build collegiality and purpose among faculty, staff and students beyond the classroom. This includes local, regional and national seminars, conferences and cultural events that promote learning as well as networking with the UW and wider communities — and a diverse and active South Asian community — and the public and private sectors.
Application Deadline Information – The application for the two-year master’s degree in South Asian Studies is due on June 1, 2016.
Five requirements for all graduate applications:
- GRE – Our institution code is: 4854
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Minimum 3.0 grade average
- Demonstrated English language proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English
Click here to create your profile with UW’s Graduate School to start the application process.
Also view the Jackson School requirements for graduate applications: https://jsis.washington.edu/programs/graduate/mais/ma-apply/
Explore More About Our Program Offerings: http://southasia.washington.edu/
Funding Opportunities: http://southasia.washington.edu/programs/funding/
For more information: Contact the South Asia Center Managing Director Keith Snodgrass at firstname.lastname@example.org.