A warm welcome to the Pacific Northwest Canadian Studies Consortium (PNWCSC). The consortium supports knowledge of the interconnection between Canada and the United States. It promotes and sustains cross border connections between universities through supporting teaching, research, and Canadian Studies projects.
- More than 40 member institutions: colleges, universities and organizations
- Members in British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Idaho
- Interdisciplinary foci: history, transportation, economics, Indigenous studies, environmental and myriad others.
- Five universities with major Canadian Studies programmes: three in Canada, two in the USA
- Several universities that offer interdisciplinary “Canada Week” programmes.
- Hosts International Canadian Summer Institutes for academics
- Hosts an annual meeting/conference, connecting scholars with one another, with the Canadian government and with other supportive organizations
- Supports faculty and graduate students with small grants for projects with Canadian content and participation in some conferences
- Works closely with the Association of Canadian Studies in the US (ACSUS) and both the Canadian and US governments.
Welcome from the Executive Director
The Pacific Northwest Canadian Studies Consortium (PNWCSC) was organized in late 1986 and early 1987 with the mission to facilitate the development of Canadian Studies at institutions of higher education in the Pacific Northwest, and to enhance cooperation, joint programming, and information sharing among Canadian Studies programs and faculty in the Pacific region.
The Consortium is committed to enhance cooperation, joint programming, and information sharing among Canadian Studies and Comparative Canadian-American Studies programs, faculty, and students in the Pacific Region.