Students and community members interested in attending universities or working in Korea are encouraged to take the TOPIK exam. This exam takes place two times a year in the spring (April ) and fall (September) and is conducted by the Republic of Korea National Institute for International Education, Ministry of Education. The University of Washington is certified as a testing agency for the TOPIK exam.
Proficiency in the TOPIK exam allows for non-native speakers of Korean to gain entrance into Korean universities and to obtain employment with public and private Korean-owned companies both in Korea and abroad.
Test of Proficiency in Korean
(Information from the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Seattle website)
■ The 67th TOPIK will be administrated by the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Seattle. All overseas Koreans and foreigners who are preparing to study or work in Korea are encouraged to take the test.
■ Test Registration
– Applicant Eligibility: Overseas Koreans and foreigners who are not native Korean language speakers.
– Date & Schedule: November 16, 2019 (Sat) 9:30-16:00
■ Test Sites
– Portland State University (PSU), Room TBA
■ Registration Methods – Application form: please visit the link below
– Application(testing) fee:
*The application fee is not refundable
– Please send the application form and application fee (check payable to “Korean Consulate General”) to the address below.
** Applications are only accepted by mail. Please be sure to use a mailing service with tracking capabilities.
– Registration deadline: August 28, 2019 (Wed.)
– Address & contacts
: Consulate General of the Republic of Korea
115 W Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98119
(email@example.com / 206-441-1011~4, ext. 302)