The Southeast Asia Center is hiring! We’re looking for a UW student assistant who is proficient in Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, or any basic graphic design or publishing software and who has some experience with video editing software. For more information about the position and how to apply, click here:
UW Student Assistant
Employment Type: On-Campus Hourly
Hourly Rate: $18
The Southeast Asia Center promotes and sustains the study of Southeast Asia and encourages understanding of Southeast Asia in the Pacific Northwest and the nation. We pursue this mission by offering degree programs, language study, and undergraduate and graduate-level coursework in various disciplines that focus on the region. The Center also actively organizes programs such as teacher training and other community outreach events.
The Student Assistant position provides support for publicity and logistics of Center events, and works directly with the Center’s Managing Director.
- Maintaining and updating the weekly newsletter, website, and social media profiles.
- Creating posters and publicity materials for the Center.
- Assisting with event support and logistics (Must be able to lift 25 pounds).
- Organizing and maintaining files on the Center’s shared drive.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, or any basic graphic design or publishing software
- Experience with social media and marketing
- Must be a current UW undergraduate or graduate student through the end of Spring 2019, as this is a full academic year appointment (Fall 2018-Spring 2019). Preference will be given to candidates with two years or more remaining in their program.
- Audio/video recording and editing experience
- Research focus on Southeast Asian Studies or knowledge of Southeast Asian culture and history.
This position will be for up to 10 hours per week at a pay rate of $18/hour. Primary job location is Thomson Hall (Jackson School Building), but some remote work is possible. Start date is as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Shannon Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15.