Welcome to CESS 2017 at UW!
We welcome you to the University of Washington on October 5-8, 2017 for the Central Eurasian Studies Society Annual Conference. The University of Washington and the Ellison Center have a long history of engagement with Central Asian Studies, and we are celebrating 10 years since last time we have hosted CESS. Since that time, CESS has grown in numbers and enhanced its reputation as the premier association for scholarship of the Central Eurasian region.
There will be hundreds of papers and presentations in thematic panels and roundtables. Our Keynote address will feature a leading scholar of the Central Eurasian region. There will also be an exhibition of books on Central Eurasia and a cultural program.
UW is located in Seattle, a dynamic, global city on the west coast that boasts some of the nation’s best restaurants, arts scenes, and nightlife. The Pacific Northwest possesses a unique culture and geography. CESS at UW is an opportunity to exchange and produce knowledge that crosses all varieties of boundaries.
Director, Ellison Center for Russian, East European, and Central Asian Studies
University of Washington
The 2017 Conference Committee
To contact the 2017 Conference committee, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timothy Blauvelt, Chair, Ilia State University
- Leila Almazova, Kazan Federal University
- Aksana Ismailbekova, Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology
- Marlene Laruelle, George Washington University
- Scott Levi, Ohio State University
- Philip Lyon, University of Washington
- Jennifer Murtazashvili, University of Pittsburgh
- Scott Radnitz, University of Washington
- John Schoeberlein, Nazarbayev University