Marcy Migdal Fund for Educational Equality
The deadline for 2021 has now passed. Please explore more about the Fellowship below and check back next year.
Two awards at $1,000 each. The Marcy Migdal Fund supports exceptional students engaged in activities aimed at enhancing access to education for vulnerable students, either locally or throughout the world, and helping them succeed in their education. The Marcy Migdal Scholarship provides two cash awards of $1,000 each per academic year.
Eligibility and Requirements
All undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Washington (Seattle, Bothell, Tacoma) are eligible to apply. Applicants must:
- Be current UW students in good academic standing
- Complete the application process prior to the published deadline, and
- At the completion of the project write a short report on their project and how the funds were used
Recipients must be enrolled at UW during the quarter the award is received.
- Your resume with full contact information (address, email, and phone number)
- 1-2 page statement of purpose describing the activity, your ability to complete the activity, and projected timeline. Please include responses to the application prompts detailed below.
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all colleges and universities, including UW
- If available/relevant, include FAFSA award information
Please note: These prompts are part of the statement of purpose. Please address these specific points as part of your statement.
- What experiences have you had in furthering social justice or providing access to education?
- Are you engaged in a current project for which you would like funding? Or are you proposing a new project?
- What do you hope to achieve by receiving this award?
- What leadership skills and strengths do you bring this scholarship?
- How will you utilize the funding?
Applications are available each year through the Jackson School Fellowship and Scholarship Application System. When applying, visit the link and click the “APPLY” button at the top of the page to complete the application.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Biographic information, status as student, contact information, GPA, transcripts, etc.
- List of previous coursework that does not appear in your academic transcripts and that is relevant to the application(s).
- CV or resume information, including the following (you will be asked to input this information into the system, rather than uploading a document):
- Previous fellowships, TAships, etc. held since entering university.
- Any jobs, internships, or volunteer positions you have held that are relevant to your major language or field of study.
- Statement of purpose (see instructions and prompts above). You will be asked to paste your essay into the system, rather than uploading a document.
- One letter of recommendation.
- NOTE: Standardized test scores are NOT required for the Migdal application. You may click “exempt” in the test score section of the application.
The deadline for the 2021 cycle closed on March 20, 2021. Please check back for next year’s competition.
For more information regarding the application process, contact Tamara Leonard at email@example.com or 206.685.2354.