Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad – Summer 2021
Applications for Summer 2021 Seminars are now closed. Please check back for next year’s opportunities.
The Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad Program provides U.S. educators in the social sciences and humanities with opportunities to participate in short-term seminars abroad to improve their understanding and knowledge of the peoples and cultures of other countries.
Each thematic seminar features educational lectures and interactive, cultural activities specifically designed for K-16 educators, including visits to local schools and organizations and meetings with education administrators, government officials, policymakers, teachers, and students. Participants draw on their experiences during the program to create new or to enhance cross-cultural curricula for use in their U.S. classrooms and school systems.
In 2021, summer programs will be offered in Iceland, Morocco, and Mexico. Each seminar will have 16 participants. The program covers airfare, room and board, and program costs. Teacher participants are responsible for a cost-share of $650.
• Elementary (grades K-8) – Iceland, the Land of Fire and Ice: An Exploration of a Small State in the High North
• Secondary (grades 9-12) – Education in Morocco: An Evolving Landscape
• Postsecondary – The Third Root: Exploring African Heritage in Mexico
How to apply
The Seminars Abroad application is available on the G5 website.
*The 2020 application deadline was December 18, 2020.*
Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad program applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have at least three years of full-time teaching or administrative experience by the departure date from the United States.
- Be currently employed full-time in a U.S. school, institution of higher education, local educational agency, state educational agency, library, or museum as a teacher, curriculum developer, librarian, or administrator.
- Be an educator in the arts, humanities, or social sciences (this requirement does not apply to administrators).
- Employed at the level of the seminar for which you are applying.
- Be physically and psychologically fit to participate in the program.
For more information, please visit the Seminars Abroad website.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.