This page contains links to information and resources about the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, for UW faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- University of Washington researchers respond to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- University of Washington coronavirus resources
- University of Washington coronavirus testing
- UW Medicine | Newsroom: Coronavirus: Updates from UW Medicine
- Seattle Times: Extended coverage of the outbreak of a new coronavirus
- Washington State Department of Health coronavirus situation updates
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention situation updates
Staying positive during coronavirus outbreak:
- “Silver linings: how to stay positive during the coronavirus crisis” by Lea Waters for The Guardian
- “Feeling overwhelmed? Top tips for staying positive online during the coronavirus crisis” by Sarah Spary for CNN
On February 25th 2020, the Center for Global Studies co-sponsored a roundtable discussion on the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in China. The discussion addressed the economic, historical, legal, medical, political and societal implications of the outbreak of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, having first appeared in Wuhan, China, and, more recently, in several other regions across the globe. The panel featured University of Washington experts in China Studies and Epidemiology.
The event was completely full, and has been covered by local news reports.
Click here to read and watch the report aired by KING 5 on the 25th of February, 2020.