CGS Curriculum Development Grants for UW faculty
The Center for Global Studies invites applications for Course Development Grants in order to support new course development or major revision to existing courses in line with the funding priorities of our Title VI federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Preference will be given to new courses that focus on our grant priority areas of global literacy, security, environment, and/or global health. Preference will also be given to course proposals that incorporate collaborative online learning (COIL), utilize innovative teaching methods (flipped classroom, digital and online learning tools), and connect with less commonly taught language (LCTL) courses.
Faculty from all disciplines and campuses of UW are encouraged to apply. The amount per award is usually $2,000. Faculty may submit more than one application.
DEADLINE: May 1, 2019
In order to apply, please send to Tamara Leonard (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Title and number of proposed course
- A course description that includes: a course rationale within your department’s curriculum and the University; an outline of assignments, readings, and other innovations in the course; and learning goals and outcomes, particularly as they relate to Title VI priorities noted above.
- Expected enrollment size
- A course plan that includes when the proposed course will be taught (quarter and year) and how frequently thereafter
- Cross-listing options with other departments
- Dates in summer 2019 when you will not be receiving payment from another UW source