The Center for Global Studies invites applications for Course Development Grants in order to support new course development or major revision to existing courses in line with the funding priorities of our Title VI federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Preference will be given to new courses that focus on our grant priority areas of global literacy, security, environment, and/or global health.
CGS will also prioritize proposals that emphasize concrete strategies and plans to address inclusion, equity, and accessibility in a course. Given the recent effects of the global pandemic on teaching, we will particularly privilege courses that: demonstrate modularity with respect to online learning and technologies; have built-in adaptability to a transition to an online environment, and include a plan to take a course completely online should the need arise again in the 2020-2021 academic year, whether synchronously or asynchronously taught.
Faculty at all levels from all disciplines and campuses of UW are encouraged to apply. The amount per award is usually $2,000. Faculty may submit more than one application.
DEADLINE: May 25, 2020
In order to apply, please send Tamara Leonard (email@example.com) the following:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Title and number of the proposed course
- A course description that includes: a course rationale within your department’s curriculum and the University; an outline of assignments, readings, and other innovations in the course; and learning goals and outcomes, particularly as they relate to priorities noted above
- Expected enrollment size
- A course plan that includes when the proposed course will be taught (quarter and year) and how frequently thereafter
- Cross-listing options with other departments
- Dates in summer 2020 when you will not be receiving payment from another UW source
Please email Tamara Leonard with any additional questions.