Following are the administrative deadlines for the reports and presentations. These deadlines are set for all Task Force groups; if there is any problem meeting these deadlines, it should be addressed in advance with Lauren Dobrovolny. Read the Student Handbook for more details related to the below calendar deadlines.
Important!: The Student Handbook also provides a recommended timeline for research periods, draft deadlines, etc. but those deadlines can and should be determined and changed by each individual Task Force group as necessary.
LD = Lauren Dobrovolny
CC = Copy Center
Welcome to Task Force!
• First meeting with instructor and Task Force team
• Second meeting: Library Research Workshop (schedule will be emailed to instructor)
• By Jan 10 appoint your group's editor(s) and coordinator. Each task force Coordinator will contact LD to confirm the names of the editor and coordinator
• Make sure all students are available on Friday, March 13 **ALL DAY**
for Task Force evaluations and dinner.
January 13th - 17th (Seven week research, writing and editing period)
Feb 3 - 7, 2020 Submission Deadline for the Personal Release Form
• By Feb 7: Complete the Personal Release form (signed by all students and your instructor). Important: Please drop the form off to LD in Thomson 111 by 4:00 p.m., Friday, Feb 7.
• By Feb 7: Rome Center students will scan and email the signed forms to LD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Task Force Evaluation Room Assignments
• Evaluation rooms and times assigned to TF groups by LD. Task Force evaluations will be held at the HUB, THOM 317 or another nearby location. All rooms will be set up conference style with A/V capability.
Group photo & Set a Date for Evaluation "Practice Run"
• By Feb 22: The JSIS reserves THOM 317 for Task Force evaluation practice runs beginning the week of Mar 9. Coordinators: review with your group, the available time slots for THOM 317 in LD's Task Force Google spreadsheet. Enter your group's reservation in the spreadsheet once a practice run-time has been determined. The reservations are confirmed by a first serve, first reserve basis. THOM 317 is set-up conference style and has A /V capability.
• Alternatively, Task Force groups have the option to conduct practice runs in their classrooms during regularly scheduled class times.
Title of TF Report and Dinner Presenter
• By Feb 25: Enter exact title of Task Force report on Editor/Coordinator shared Google spreadsheet.
By Feb 25 complete task force group photo by February 25. Photos must have good resolution. All groups are responsible for procuring a camera to take
the photo. It's up to each group where to take the group photo.
• By Feb 25: Enter name of your TF dinner presenter on the Editor/Coordinator shared Google spreadsheet.
• Mid-to-end-of week: final versions of chapters to editors/coordinators.
• Collation and merging of individual chapters, formatting final report MS.
Final Version of Task Force Report to Copy Center
• By Noon on Thursday, Mar 5 email the final PDF version of the report to the Copy Center for print. Make sure your report is set up properly with no more than 12 pages of color.
• By Noon on Friday, Mar 6 please email your group’s report to the evaluator and to LD. Please deliver TWO hard copies of the TF report to LD in THOM 111 and deliver the third copy to your instructor.
Practice Presentation & Evaluations/Dinner
• Entire week: Practice evaluations with PowerPoint presentation
• HUB evaluation rooms: Task a few people from your group to inspect the
layout of the evaluation room before Friday. All rooms will be set-up
conference style and have A/V ability.
• March 13: TASK FORCE EVALUATIONS between 9 am and 4 pm
(HUB TF evaluation rooms will be open by 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.)
• TASK FORCE BUFFET RECEPTION 6:00 pm-9 pm, HUB Lyceum