UW Study Abroad: Global Innovation Exchange Taipei: Semiconductor Industry Insights
The UW’s Global Innovation Exchange and Taiwan’s prestigious National Taiwan University have curated an exclusive summer program for graduate students that reveals insights into the world’s most critical technology and industry. The two-week program will focus on the fundamentals of semiconductor technology, its industry applications, and global business implications taught by leading academic and industry experts.
Participants will acquire a fundamental understanding of semiconductor design, gain insights into Taiwan’s manufacturing ecosystem, explore the intricacies of the semiconductor supply chain, and much more. The program will also provide rare access to Taiwan’s leading semiconductor companies and research institutes.
- Acquire a high-level understanding of semiconductor design and its diverse applications.
- Discover insights into the semiconductor manufacturing process and what differentiates Taiwan’s manufacturing ecosystem from the rest of the world.
- Explore the intricacies of the semiconductor supply chain and its interdependencies.
- Learn the essential history and geopolitical context and implications of the semiconductor industry.
- Gain rare access to the leading companies and research institutes in Taiwan’s semiconductor ecosystem
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC): Engage with the world’s top semiconductor manufacturer.
- Mediatek: Learn from one of the world’s leading semiconductor design companies.
- Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI): Explore cutting-edge research from Taiwan’s leading scientific research institute.
- Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (TIER): Gain insights into economic perspectives and trends regarding the semiconductor industry from Taiwan’s leading economic think tank.
- Taiwan’s Microsoft AI Research Hub: Experience the intersection of groundbreaking artificial intelligence development and semiconductor technology.
This program offers one course with 3 credits.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
Information Session: January 16, 2024 @ 4:30pm