Conferences and CFP bulletin
- The Nineteenth International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities & Nations, University of Patras in Patras, Greece, June 5-7, 2019. Proposals due April 20, 2018.
- Education About Asia Call for Manuscripts: “Demographics, Social Policy, and Asia (Part II)” Manuscripts due April 20, 2018.
- From the Grassroots to the Global: the 9th International Small Cinemas Conference, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, November 9-10, 2018. Abstracts due April 30, 2018.
- UW Department of Asian Languages and Literature 2018 Graduate Student Colloquium: “Transnationalism and Transdisciplinarity”, University of Washington, May 12, 2018. Abstracts due April 30, 2018.Transnationalism reflects the crossing of cultural, ideological, and linguistic borders and boundaries. Multiple disciplines can provide different lenses and help us better understand cultures, language, communication, and identities. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:•Analysis of nation-state ideology: nationalism, neoliberalism, colonization and decolonization, immigrants, and national identity;
•Language acquisition in a variety of contexts: internal migrants, distance learners, and immigrant learners;
•Politics and literature: imagination, resistance, and political identity;
•History and literature: collective memories, representation of the past, and trauma;
•Identity: cultural identity, mass culture, subjectivity and objectivity Participants in the colloquium can choose to participate in either the conference or workshop.
Conference presenters will deliver a talk no longer than 15 minutes that summarizes research in progress. Workshop participants can submit a work in progress to other members one week in advance and agree to read other participants’ submissions and provide constructive feedback. Graduate students of all disciplines are encouraged to submit proposals on Asia-related topics. Please submit proposals of no more than 200 words by April 30 to Rie Tsujihara: email@example.com. Indicate in your email whether you would like to present at the conference or join a workshop. Proposals will be considered by representatives of the Department of Asian Languages and Literature.
- The 3rd International Music and Performing Arts Conference (IMPAC2018), Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Tanjung Malim, Malaysia, November 13-15, 2018. Abstracts due May 2, 2018.
- ASEAS-UK Conference: Southeast Asia Meets Global Challenges, University of Leeds, UK, September 5-7, 2018. Abstracts due May 31, 2018. University of Leeds
- Call for Publications: Verge 5.2 (Forgetting Wars), Deadline June 1, 2018.
- Sustainable Transboundary Governance of the Environmental Commons in Southeast Asia, National University of Singapore, September 27-28, 2018. Proposals due June 15, 2018.