To attain the QUAL concentration certification, students must complete the following:
- Take a minimum of 3 advanced courses at the 500-level in relevant research design and/or methods (minimum of 9 credits) and receive a minimum of 3.5 in each courses. A list of upcoming QUAL courses and previously taught QUAL courses can be found on our website.
- At least 1 course must be selected from List I
- Remaining 2 courses can be selected from List 1 or List II
- If you believe a course you have taken or plan to take should qualify for the QUAL concentration, you can petition the steering committee. Please see the QUAL Concentration Plan worksheet for further details.
- Complete 1 QUAL Workshop.
- Attend a minimum of 4 QUAL Speaker Series talks.