QUAL Speaker Series
QUAL offers a series of talks to build a qualitative multi-method community and engage researchers and practitioners in a conversation. Additional QUAL related and QUAL sponsored events can be found on the events page.
The Speaker Series talks for the 2019-20 academic year will be held from 12:30 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. in Thomson Hall 317.
- Margaret O’Mara | Writing the History of the Present: Qualitative Methodology in “The Code” Mar 11 2020
- Morhaf Al Achkar| Qualitative Study of Making Meaning and Coping with Incurable Cancer With Reflections by The Social Scientist as a Physician and A Patient Apr 15 2020
- Alexes Harris | A Multi-State Study Using Multi-methods: Making Sense of Justice Sentencing May 27 2020
- Mario L. Barnes | Critical Race Narratives, Qualitative Methods and Meaning-Making in Legal Research Jan 22 2020
- Stephen M. Walt | Why I Use Qualitative Methods Dec 4 2019
- Tasha Fairfield | Bayesian Guidelines for Case Selection: an Information Theoretic Approach Oct 31 2019
- Katya Drozdova | Exploring Case Studies with Information Analytics Apr 11 2019