QUAL offers a series of talks to build a qualitative multi-method community and engage researchers and practitioners in a conversation.
The Speaker Series talks for the 2021-22 academic year will be held from 12:30 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. on Zoom. Registration links can be found on each individual talk’s post. The zoom link will be sent to you upon registration.
- Rebakah Minarchek | Participatory Methods and the Democratization of Environmental Research Nov 3 2021
- Cornelia Reiher & Nora Kottman | Area Studies and Qualitative Methods Dec 1 2021
- Scott Radnitz | Qualitative Methods in Research on the Politics of Conspiracy Feb 2 2022
- QUAL Speaker Series Mar 2 2022
- Timothy Brown | TBA Apr 20 2022
- Kristin Beima-Sofie | TBA May 18 2022
- Steven Wilkinson | Archival Methods and Historical Approaches in Political Science May 26 2021
- Jon Lindsay | Tribal Engagement Starts at Home: The Ethnography of Information Practice in War Apr 14 2021
- Rosemary Foot | China’s UN Thinking and Behavior: The Attempt to Uncover the Decision-Making Inside Opaque Governments Mar 10 2021
- Michelle Teti | Methods in the Time of COVID-19: The Vital Role of Qualitative Inquiries Jan 20 2021
- Margaret O’Mara | Writing the History of the Present: Qualitative Methodology in The Code Dec 2 2020
- Alexes Harris | A Multi-State Study Using Multi-methods: Making Sense of Justice Sentencing Oct 21 2020