The Jackson School of International Studies will offer travel, research, and/or professional development grants up to $500 funding per student to assist any MA or PhD Student currently enrolled in a JSIS MA or PhD program. Funds are limited and priority will be given to students who apply by October 15th. Funding available once per academic year (9/22-8/23).
Requests for three types of funding will be accepted:
- Present an oral presentation or poster at a conference (online or in person)
- Attend a recognized career/professional development opportunity
- Travel for research directly related to your academic project
We will review the first round of funding on October 15th, 2022.
After October 15th, requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis while funds remain.
- Today’s date:
- JSIS Graduate Program:
- Faculty Advisor/Committee Chair:
- Amount requested and purpose
- Description of how this grant will contribute directly to your academic and/or professional goals
- Specific Information required depending on funding purpose
- Receipts for the expenses to be reimbursed
- If you are requesting funds to present at a conference, please include a copy of the confirmation for your conference registration/professional development (if the conference is later in the year, we can grant your request pending acceptance at the conference)
- If you plan to pursue a career/professional development opportunity, please include course/program description, and explain how this opportunity will benefit your academic and professional goals
- If you are applying for research, please include a letter from your academic advisor indicating that this research is directly related to your academic work and provide specific information about the research trip and timing.
This funding opportunity is a reimbursement and not a payment in advance. We will reimburse any expenses once we get your receipts and confirmation of participation.