Marcy Migdal Fund for Educational Equality
The application for the 2020 Marcy Migdal Fund for Educational Equality Fellowship is now closed. Below is some information regarding the Marcy Migdal Fund. Keep checking in for announcements about the applications.
Two awards at $1,000 each. The Marcy Migdal Fund supports exceptional students engaged in activities aimed at enhancing access to education for vulnerable students, either locally or throughout the world, and helping them succeed in their education. The Marcy Migdal Scholarship provides two cash awards of $1,000 each per academic year.
Eligibility and Requirements
All undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Washington (Seattle, Bothell, Tacoma) are eligible to apply. Applicants must:
- Be current UW students in good academic standing
- Complete the application process prior to the published deadline, and
- At the completion of the project write a short report on their project and how the funds were used
Recipients must be enrolled at UW during the quarter the award is received.
- Your resume with full contact information (address, email, and phone number)
- 1-2 page statement of purpose describing the activity, your ability to complete the activity, and projected timeline. Please be sure to respond to the application prompts detailed below
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities, including UW
- If available, include FAFSA award information
- What experiences have you had in furthering social justice or providing access to education?
- Are you engaged in a current project for which you would like funding? Or are you proposing a new project?
- What do you hope to achieve by receiving this award?
- What leadership skills and strengths do you bring this scholarship?
- How will you utilize the funding?
The application is now closed.
For specific information regarding the application process, contact Tamara Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.685.2354.