University of Washington


TASP Checklist

This reference sheet is intended to help you with issues related to your travel to the UK and your studies at the University of Bath. We try to keep it as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, you have sole responsibility for keeping up with immigration requirements and maintaining your student status in Bath. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with and understand all travel- and visa-related issues.

If you have any specific questions about the information on this website, please contact:

At the University of Bath: Ann Burge, Euromasters Program Officer:

At the University of Washington: Cameron Frisch, Assistant Director IPE

Office of International Programs and Exchanges
516 Schmitz Hall, Box 355815
Seattle, WA 98195-5815
Phone: (206) 221-4404

What to Do Before You Leave

1. Fill out a Euromasters application and send it to the University of Bath. The university will use this information to issue an acceptance letter and to send you a housing offer. Be sure to reply to the housing offer immediately. Also, make sure that you provide an accurate address where you can be reliably reached over the summer. Update them immediately with any changes. The university will also send you other information about the program, the university, the city, and so on.

You should start a file with all the official correspondence you receive. The admission letter is an especially important document that you will need to present when applying for a visa and/or when entering the UK (see below).

2. Submit concurrent enrollment and medical clearance forms at the Office of International Programs and Exchanges. As a participant in an officially-recognized foreign study program at the University of Washington, you need to be concurrently enrolled here during the autumn quarter. A condition of concurrent enrollment is that you enroll for a full-time course load. Along with the concurrent enrollment form, you have to submit a Medical Report. This form needs to be filled out by you and your physician.

Please obtain these forms and submit them with payment to the Office of International Programs and Exchanges (Schmitz 453) by September 1, 2009.

3. Make sure you meet immigration requirements for the UK. If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not have to apply for a visa. However, in order to enter the country you will need your admissions letter from the University of Bath as well as the documents below.

If you are not a US citizen, you may be required to have a visa when entering the United Kingdom.

In order to determine if you need a visa, go to:

If you need a visa, you are strongly advised to submit your application in good time. Apply to:

The British Consulate General
11766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Tel: (310) 477-3322
Fax: (310) 575-1450

What to Do on Arrival

Carry-on the following documents and be prepared to present them to UK immigration. Please DO NOT check them through with your luggage.

  • Official acceptance letter from the University of Bath.
  • Evidence of financial ability, such as bank statements, credit cards, letters of sponsorship (if appropriate), etc.
  • Evidence of intention to return to the US. You can show this with your return plane ticket.
  • Valid passport, good through your entire period of study at Bath.
  • If you needed entry clearance (i.e., a visa), all necessary visa documentation.

Return to Top

Center for West European Studies
120 Thomson Hall
Box 353650
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3650
(206) 543-1675 office
(206) 616-2462 fax