Curriculum Grants – Community College Faculty
The Center for West European Studies seeks proposals by Community College full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty to create curriculum that directly discusses countries in Western Europe. Applicants may choose to create a new course, revise an existing course, or add modules to existing curriculum. These grants are open to faculty from all disciplines. Applications should focus on development of integral knowledge of the region and not specifically focus on area language. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Development of NEW MODULE for an existing course: $1,000
“Module” is defined as the additional of new material, activities, and/or assignments that broaden the focus of West European.
- Complete revision of an EXISTING COURSE: up to $2,000
“Complete Revision” is defined as the addition of substantial new material, activities, and/or assignments that infuse West European content throughout the course described in the proposal. A Complete Revision of a course must be substantially greater than the creation of a new Module.
- Development of a NEW COURSE: up to $3,000
“New Course” is defined as the creation of a course that is a new addition to the Community College’s/Institution’s course catalog.
Courses or modules must be offered within two years of submitting the grant application.
Countries included in the region of West Europe for the purpose of this grant are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Proposal clearly details how the course, module, or unit connects to West European content focused outside the borders of the U.S.
- Proposal provides a detailed outline of the course or module.
- Proposal indicates how this course or module will broaden international offerings and/or global perspectives at Community College/Institution.
- Learning outcomes of the course or unit are clearly stated. Proposals for module development clearly identify how the unit relates to the overall content of the course.
Please contact the Center for West European Studies at email@example.com with any questions.