Friday June 22 – Sunday June 24
The Danish American Cultural Retreat (DACR) is an annual cultural conference and retreat by Northwest Danish Association.
2018 marks the 40th year of DACR, a true Pacific Northwest tradition. The event is held 3 days each June at a beautiful facility in Oregon overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. DACR offers:
- A rich program to illustrate the significance of Denmark on the global stage
- An annual opportunity to learn about Denmark and its links to the U.S., today and in the past
- Time to relax and enjoy delicious meals, good company, and breathtaking nature and views
- Inga Wiehl, Book Talk- Tower Blues: Solving the Riddle of Confinement
- Eric Nelson, New Nordic Museum
- Marianne Stecher, Hans Christian Andersen – The Danish Soldier and the War of 1864
- Kristian Naesby, The Golden Era of Danish Silent Films
- Christian Holtz, Viking Navigation… How They Did It!
- Kyle Dittmer, Eldercare and Dementia – USA vs. Denmark
- For more details about each speaker and topic, see the DACR 2018 Program
Evening entertainment and more:
We are excited to announce this year’s evening entertainment: Danish sensation, Jessica Lynne! Optional Danish classes have also been added to the program.
Jessica Lynne: Sometimes authentic country music artists do not grow up in what we would consider hotbeds of country music. Sometimes they grow up in Haslev, Denmark, the native town of current Seattle resident, Jessica Lynne, a sensational and rising country star and one of London Tone Music’s most successful artists.
Danish classes by Aaase Beaulieu. Optional classes for those who would like to learn some Danish at the retreat this year!
2018 Conference Schedule
Friday check-in: Begins at 11:00 am followed by lunch at noon.
Friday programs: 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Get the lowest price
Save up to $50 per person with these exclusive discounts:
Register early: The early bird discount ends May 10th 2018.
Become a member: Take advantage of membership discounts on all NWDA events. This year we will accept both 2017-2018 memberships and 2018-2019 memberships for discounts on DACR. Become a new member or renew your membership today.
Student discount: We offer a discount to students who wish to attend.
More information about the DACR is available HERE.