Political Science, Box 353530
- B.A. 1971, Seoul National University, Korea
- M.A. 1977, Kent State University
- Ph.D. 1985, University of California -Berkeley
Foreign language competence:
Japanese - 3, Korean - 5, Russian - 3
Comparative Politics, Soviet & Russian Politics, International Relations, Pubic Administration and Policy
Late Industrialization and International Relations
- Russia’s Choice at the Crossroads, coauthored and principal writer, (Seoul National University Press, 2006).
- “From Neotraditionalism to Neofamilism: Responses to National Dependency in Newly Industrialized Countries,” in Tismaneanu, Howard and Sil (eds.), World Order After Leninism (University of Washington Press, 2006), pp. 172-188.
- “Late Industrialization and Soviet Bureaucracy: The Case of Voronezh Region(in Korean),” coauthored with Iksung Kyun, Russian Studies, vol. 14, no. 1, 2004.
- “The Dynamic of Russian-South Korean Relations and Implications for the Russian Far East,” in Judith Thornton & Charles E. Ziegler, eds., Russia's Far East: a Region at Risk (Washington, D.C.: The National Bureau of Asian Research, 2002).
- Journey to Siberia, Edited (Seoul: Dong-A-Ilbo-Sa, 2001).
- "How to Engage Russia in Building the Peace and Security System in the Northeast Asia: A Korean Perspective," in Watanabe Koji, ed., Engaging Russia in Asia Pacific (Tokyo: Japan Center for Internatioanl Exchange, 1999).