For Employers & Recruiters
Jackson School Alumni Employment Profiles
With diversity, extensive training, and regional expertise, there’s really a huge variety of positions that Jackson School graduates can excel in. Business and trade facilitation, overseas market risk analysis, global development and diplomacy…these are just a few careers that Jackson school alumni go on to.
Based on recent survey data, here is a cross-section just some of the employers that Jackson School graduates have gone on to work for:
The Public Sector
- Federal Government: U.S. Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, the Central Intelligence Agency, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. AID, The Department of Energy, The White House, US Congress.
- State & City Government: Washington State Department of Commerce, the Port of Seattle, the Office of the Governor, the City of Seattle Office of Economic Development, the City of Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office.
- Diplomatic Missions for Foreign Governments: The Consulate General of Japan, The Consulate General of Korea, The Consulate General of Canada, The Consulate General of Mexico, The Consulate General of the Czech Republic.
The Private Sector
- Business: Boeing, Maersk, Xerox, Estee Lauder, Nordstrom, Weyerhaeuser, Starbucks, Expedia, CH Robinson.
- Finance: Wells Fargo, Liberty Mutual, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Securities, KPMG.
- Consulting: McKinsey, Accenture, Capgemini, Futuretrend Technology Inc.
- Tech: Microsoft, Amazon, Nintendo, Google.
- Communications: 20th Century Fox, CNN, Pyramid, K-2 Japan, NBC news, T-Mobile, Sprint, Thomson Reuters.
- Law: Perkins Coie, Davis Wright Tremaine, Foster Pepper, Dorsey & Whitney, Garvey Schubert Barer.
The Multilateral Sector
- The United Nations, UNICEF, The International Monetary Fund, IRC, the World Bank, IREX.
The Nongovernmental / Nonprofit Sector
- Global Development & Health: World Vision, Human Rights Watch, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Fred Hutchison Cancer Research.
- Local Non-Profit: World Affairs Council Seattle, PATH, Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle, the Japan-America Society for the State of Washington, the Washington State China Relations Council.
- Think Tanks: Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis, Brookings, The National Bureau of Asian Research, The National Endowment for Democracy, Global Security Institute.
The Education Sector
- Harvard University, Stanford University, Waseda University, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Columbia University, NYU, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins.